Information Update – ICRS 2021 Scientific Program
On March 31, we published the inevitable decision to postpone ICRS 2020 to the week of 18-23 July 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this significant delay by a whole year, the scientific program for ICRS 2021 will require an appropriate content update.
Our first aim is to maintain the sessions and workshops planned for the ICRS 2020, as they cover the wide range of related topics and disciplines well. Further, we will launch a new open Call for Abstracts (dates: 15 July – 15 September 2020). This allows on the one hand updating the current presentation program with the latest findings, and on the other hand new submissions for all sessions.
Below you will find the latest information on the ongoing process of developing the ICRS 2021 scientific program, which aims to incorporate the already planned program of the ICRS 2020.
Sessions and Workshops:
- All sessions and workshops planned for the ICRS 2020 program will retain their acceptance status for the ICRS 2021.
- We are currently obtaining confirmation from the responsible chairs if their sessions or workshops should be included in the ICRS 2021 scientific program. The program overviews on our website will be updated in accordance with the decision of the chairs before opening the new Call for Abstracts.
- Confirmed workshops will be directly set for the ICRS 2021 program.
- Confirmed sessions will be open for submission during the new Call for Abstracts.
Accepted and New Abstracts:
All presenters with an accepted abstract for ICRS 2020 retain their acceptance and presentation assignment (oral or poster) for the ICRS 2021 by re-submitting to the new Call for Abstracts, which offers the following options:
- Submission of an abstract already accepted as oral presentation (provide the original abstract number during submission). Entails no re-evaluation since the abstract already scored well. Presenters are encouraged to update the content of the abstract should new data be available, but changes of the title and/or scope are not possible (this will be checked).
- Submission of an abstract already accepted as poster presentation (provide the original abstract number during submission). Entails no re-evaluation since the abstract already scored well. Abstract updates (as detailed above) are encouraged. Presenters preferring an oral presentation instead are welcome to submit a new or updated abstract to any of the offered sessions (without providing the original abstract number). These submissions will be evaluated in a blind mode peer-review process together with all new submissions.
- Submission of a new abstract. All new submissions will be evaluated by the responsible session chairs in a blind mode peer-review process and will be ranked accordingly.
We look very much forward to receiving your (re-)submissions for the ICRS 2021 program during the new Call for Abstracts and to welcoming you to Bremen.